Installing Blog Part 1
- ProcessWire 2.4 or newer
The ZIP file that the module comes in can be uploaded directly to your admin in Modules > New > Upload. If your modules file system is not writable, you can also install Blog this way:
- Copy the Blog files into the directory: /site/modules/ProcessBlog/. Please note that Blog consists of 4 modules:
There will also be a couple of files in there needed by Blog.
- In your ProcessWire admin, go to Modules and click Refresh.
- Click Install for the Blog (ProcessBlog) module. This will automatically install the other 2 modules.
Following installation, you will need to set up your non-Superusers to be able to view the Blog manager and create posts.
Install via ProcessWire modules' screen. Once installed, there's two steps involved to finalise the install:
Configure Blog settings in its module's configuration screen
Here you will have to choose one style from 4 Blog styles to match the Blog URL structure you want:
- Blog style 1: /mysite/blog/posts/example-post/
- Blog style 2: /mysite/blog/example-post/
- Blog style 3: /mysite/posts/example-post/
- Blog style 4: /mysite/example-post/
On this screen, you also select:
- Whether you want to enable the commenting feature
- The auto-publish/unpublish posts feature (for which you would need the module SchedulePages
- Whether to install no template files, blank template files, or demo template files
- Whether you want to use the Rich Text Editor CKEditor versus a plain textarea when creating Quick Posts (in the Blog Manager)
- Optionally specify a tag for grouping Blog Templates and Fields in their respective ProcessWire admin pages